Get Rid of These 5 Fitness Success Stealers
Jul 11, 2023
In this episode, you’ll gain a clear understanding of how to get rid of the top 5 Fitness Success Stealers. You’ll learn 5 steps that will help you move from the struggle to success and a challenge that will empower you.
I have a word for you in this message that could create a breakthrough right where you are struggling! In fact, I have complete faith that it will!
Prefer videos? Watch this episode.
You are not alone if you struggle
I posted this question in my fit sister in Christ group,” What do you know you need to get rid of that is blocking your fitness goals?
The answers were honest, and I bet there are some you can relate to;
- Sneaking food
- Sugar, empty calories
And here’s a comment from that post that is worth highlighting because the enemy attacks us by trying to look like we used to.
“My preconceived ideas of what “fit” must look like. I’ve had to learn that my body is different now than it was 10 years ago. It’s time to celebrate and love the FIT body that I have NOW and not the one from my past….”
Are you surprised? Do you feel like, wow, that’s exactly how I feel? Please note:
- You are not alone; these are common struggles.
- You are no surprise to God. He sees you, and He knows this is what is blocking you.
- When you know your struggle, you can beat it.
Get Rid of These 5 Fitness Success Stealers
- Stress is us trying to do what only God can do! Release the expectation. Release the worry, doubts, and insecurities. Practice deep breathing while you pray. Remember, frustration is works of the flesh, and learn to spot that these emotions mean we are not in Christ.
- Self-sabotage and low self-esteem. There is a lot of information about what the root of self-sabotage and low self-esteem are: PTSD, anxiety, negative self-image, not knowing your worth, perfectionism, and imposter syndrome. Any time I see the word self in front of something, I’m cautious because I want to make sure I’m not my source. Do you hear it? Self-confidence, self-esteem, self-image, self-help, and self-sabotage mean God is not there. When we are about ourselves, we are miserable. The smallest place we can live is in our heads; we need to get out of our heads and into our lives with Jesus. Take God to where you self-sabotage or have low self-esteem. The opposite of self-sabotage in these terms would be self-care, but make sure your self-care and self-esteem are in God, through God, and for God.
- Sneaking food is related to shame from diet culture, and this is not of God. Diet culture tells us we are good when we eat good but bad when we eat bad. This is performance and perfection based. Please practice my 7 Ps. Here you can get a free download at Fit God's Way.
- Sugar. If you are addicted to sugary foods, God can help you break that addiction. Your body craves what you give it, so look for the emotional component of why you’re doing it, and take that to God. Look for the sugar cycle in your life, and prayerfully ask God if you should cut it out. For some of us, we are addicts. The sugar cycle goes like this: craving, energy spike, crash, headaches, guilt, lethargy, weight gain, repeat. God can heal you here.
Important questions for you:
- What is stealing your success?
- Are you viewing it in a godly way? For example, is your body really the problem, or is it the way you look at it? Or do you self-sabotage because you don’t really believe you are worthy of success? Are you eating because you are sad, depressed, lonely, or stressed out, and you need to take your emotions to God?
- Once clearly identified, find 3 scriptures and pray for help. Here’s an example.
I cannot handle this on my own. The enemy fights me so hard here. I need Your Spirit-led strength, self-control, and peace. Father, I lay this down at your feet today. In You, I am an Overcomer.
In Jesus’ name, amen
Break the Cycle
Here’s the cycle:
Negative behavior loop:
The event, feelings, undesired action, shame/guilt, defeat, repeat
Godly Positive Behavior loop
The event, pray, choose to honor God in my body, succeed, repeat
- Break the cycle of throwing the whole day away. When you eat one treat, make the next meal a whole God-mad one.
- Dissatisfaction with our bodies is not from God. We are not separate from our bodies. Our bodies hear everything we say, and we cannot rise above any level of our thinking, so we need to come out of the agreement of thinking we can’t look good, don’t look good, and start taking care of ourselves because this is the body God made for us.
- I wish I looked like I used to is comparing yourself to yourself, and it is a joy-stealing trap. Don’t put limits on yourself by trying to be who you used to be. Accept and embrace who you are now.
- Live in the moment you are in, not in your head. When your thoughts drift to isolate you in self-sabotage, stress, whatever your negative thought loop is, interrupt it by putting a godly plan of action together to beat it with Scriptures, songs, and quotes.Take back your temple!
- Get to know yourself and fight this! You can do this by noticing what triggers you to engage in your negative behavior. Begin to spot the traps of the enemy and don’t engage. If you look at your behavior, you’ll be able to see the cycle.
Here’s my challenge to you!
Don’t just let this be another podcast you heard. Strongly consider what will happen if you don’t change your negative behavior loop.
"Sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." – Philippians 3:13-14
It's time to focus on forgetting what lies behind, start straining forward to what is ahead, and get out of negative and destructive behavior loops that are stealing away our fitness success. Let’s go forward with God in hopeful expectation, excited to see what He will do with our faith
Deal? Who’s in?! Come tell me on Facebook or Instagram
10 God-made Quick & Easy Grab-and-Go Meals!
Download 10 of my favorite fast and easy God-made grab-and-go recipes for FREE!