22 Bible Verses Every Woman Needs to Control Her Emotions
Oct 24, 2023
In the last three years the world has really changed, right?! Anxiety is at an all-time high, but as Christians, we don’t need to worry and fear, we need to stand on the Word. It is our sword! It is what we fight with.
What we believe affects the way we think, feel, and live. It’s very hard for us to act or feel better unless we believe better. Today, I want to share 22 scriptures to help us control our emotions and enable us to protect our mental, emotional, and physical health.
Science and the Bible
I was at Church and the Pastor mentioned a recent study. I wish I knew the source, but it stated that when we talk about something stressful it activates a part of our brain that increases anxiety, but when we pray about it reduces anxiety. Science is catching up to the Bible.
One of the reasons we feel our emotions is because we want to be in control, but if we’re honest we have no control. We don’t need to try to be in control, we need to submit to God and be under the control of the Holy Spirit.
When we submit our lives to Him, we have faith over fear, peace instead of anxiety, and joy instead of sadness. Isn’t that what we all need?
There are a lot of people who doubt the Word of God, flat-out hate it and those who feel it is irrelevant, but I’m here to tell you that the Word of God is true and it applies to our lives today.
If you prefer videos, you can watch the live taping of this episode below.
This is not my opinion, I’m basing this on two scriptures that offer proof and share why we can trust that God wrote the Bible:
“All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God[a] may be complete, equipped for every good work.”
– 2 Timothy 3:16-17
“For no prophecy was ever produced by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”
– 2 Peter 1:21
The Word is Your Weapon
Let’s dive in. I want to encourage you to know the Word, so please take out your Bible, a journal, or open a note on your phone and take notes. The Word is your sword! If you don’t know it, you don’t have anything to fight with.
Here are 22 Bible Verses Every Woman Needs to Overcome Emotions I will share these as a checklist that addresses the most common emotions we deal with.
- When you need strength. In the day when I cried out, You answered me,
And made me bold with strength in my soul. (Psalm 138:3 NKJV)
- When you struggle with past sin - If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9 NJKV)
- When you feel insecure - For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. (Psalm 139: 13–14 NKJV)
- When you need to remember that God has a plan for your life - “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,” says the Lord, “thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” (Jeremiah 29:11 NKJV)
- When you don’t know what to do - If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. (James 1:5 NKJV)
- When you compare yourself to others - Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. (Hebrews 10:35 NKJV)
- When you need motivation - Therefore I remind you to stir up the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. (2 Timothy 1:6 NKJV)
- When you need to persevere - And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. (Galatians 6:9 NKJV)
- When you need self-control - …for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control. (2 Timothy 1:7 NKJV)
- When you’re struggling with fear - “Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’” (Isaiah 41:10 NKJV)
- When you need to forgive yourself and get back up in grace - There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. (Romans 8:1 NKJV)
- When you’re struggling with temptation - No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. (1 Corinthians 10:13 NKJV)
- When you need to remember God can do a new thing - “Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.” (Isaiah 43:18–19 NKJV)
- When you’re facing trials - My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. (James 1:2–4 NKJV)
- When you’ve suffered a setback - And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. (Romans 8:28 NKJV)
- When you need to find joy in the process - …for the joy of the Lord is your strength. (Nehemiah 8:10 NKJV)
- When you need to find balance - Be sober [well balanced and self-disciplined], be alert and cautious at all times. That enemy of yours, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion [fiercely hungry], seeking someone to devour. (1 Peter 5:8 AMP)
- When you’re dealing with anxiety - Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6–7 NKJV)
- When stress is getting to you - “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28–30 NKJV)
- When you feel alone - “Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.” (Deuteronomy 31:6 NKJV)
- When you feel hopeless - Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13 NKJV)
- When you need peace - “These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33 NKJV)
People and the world may tell you that the Word of God is old or irrelevant, but Hebrews 4:12 tells us that,
“For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”
Now maybe you’re like me and you’ve heard this scripture and wondered what it means, so I want to share the answer with you.
Your Questions, Biblical Answers, shares that…
The original Greek word translated here as “living” means “to have life” or “alive.” The Word of God is alive because God is a living God (Hebrews 3:12). Jesus said, “The very words I have spoken to you are spirit and life” (John 6:63, NLT). In the parable of the sower, Jesus compared God’s Word to seed (Matthew 13:1–23). Seed, like the Word, is a living organism that, when spread and planted in fertile soil, produces abundant life.
The Word is your sword, Ephesians 6:17 tells us... and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,
Is not my word like fire, declares the LORD, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?
Bible Hub unpacks this well
Like as a fire - God's word is the great purifier which destroys all that is false. Like a hammer … God's word rouses and strengthens the conscience and crushes within the heart everything that is evil.
Let’s Pray Together Before You Go…
We praise You, because You help us walk through the unknown. You are the anchor in every storm!
God remind us to come to you first in prayer and to pray Your Word back to you, instead of running to the internet or spreading fear and anxiety.
Bring these Scriptures to mind when we face these overwhelming feelings. We do not want to be led by our emotions.
Thank you for your Word that like a hammer breaks through strongholds, anxiety, and fear.
We believe Your Word is true. We believe You are Who You say You are and we submit to the power of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Remember You are Strong. Confident. His.
If you could use more encouragement, find helpful resources, here.
10 God-made Quick & Easy Grab-and-Go Meals!
Download 10 of my favorite fast and easy God-made grab-and-go recipes for FREE!