Valentine’s Day has me thinking about Love. I bet you have the perfect cards and chocolate picked out for your sweetheart and family. Don’t you?
But here’s an important question: Do you show yourself, love too?
Or are you hard on yourself? Like, if you skip a workout, eat junk food or see someone succeeding at something you know you’re supposed to be doing– do you beat yourself up?
I’ll confess, I used to be really, really hard on myself.
So what gives? Why don’t we show ourselves any love?
This list is endless, but here are a few reasons:
- A perfectionist mindset
- Past pain or abuse
- A hard loss or failure
- Feeling unworthy
Try showing yourself some love instead of being so hard on yourself with this checklist:
- Live with the confidence that God only made 1 you.
- Get that the world offers you their version of beauty, but Do YOU!
- Choose your words about yourself and others wisely.
- Don’t define yourself by any single factor or number.
- Take care of yourself – mind, body, and soul.
- Know there is a specific plan and purpose only you can fulfill.
- Discipline yourself to do the things that will take you to your next level.
- Get free of the past. Let the lessons shape you and the pain give you empathy.
- Set yourself free by forgiving others.
- Don’t compare yourself to anyone. Celebrate your beauty and others.
- Never give up on a bad day.
- Boldly step out and pursue the dreams in your heart.
- Become your own best friend – no negative self-talk!
- Get involved in a cause, give back, be an encourager, and spread love!
- Tell your story to empower others.
- Don’t doubt yourself. Listen to your heart, crazy dreams, and gut instincts!
- Don’t believe the lie that it’s too late or you’re too old; the world needs you.
- Be brave enough to know when to leave.
- Believe you can be the best version of you.
- Know that it’s okay to have boundaries.
- Stop saying yes to everything.
- Make your faith bigger than your fears.
Don’t let another day go by without showing yourself some love!
There will never be another you again. You make a big difference in many lives.
Life is too short to waste another moment being too hard on yourself.
The awesome blessing in doing this is that when you give yourself a break and show yourself some love, you’re able to love others.
Remember, sweet friend, God only made 1 YOU!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
So much love to you,
P.S. I’d love to give you a gift. Click here to get a chapter of my book for free!