Could you use a Second Chance, a New Start, or a Do Over in some area of your life? If it sounds impossible, it isn’t! At Sunrise on the Shore, I shared my heart and how God in His grace gives us the opportunity to begin again and again!
Maybe today your marriage is in trouble or you just lost your job? Maybe you want to become a better role model for your children or even begin a new fitness lifestyle.
Or maybe you just want to be happy and live without feeling burdened by past pain.
Where would you like to begin again? Did you know you can go to God and start over?
So often the issues holding you back come from the past.
Consider these questions:
- What are you struggling with?
- Do you feel worthy of having a great life?
- What is standing between you and the life you really want right now?
- Do you see yourself the way God sees you?
- What are you trying to get over?
- What hurt hasn’t healed?
- Have you been abused?
- Are you tired of feeling like a failure?
- Do you know you’re good enough, right now?
These private pains are a trap from the enemy to rob you of the life Christ died to give you.
You don’t have to feel this way.
Jesus Death on the Cross offers you a chance to begin again and to start over.
Look at these lyrics from Flame:
You can carry the past on your shoulders
Or you can start over
Regrets, no matter what you’ve gone through
Jesus, He gave it all to save you
He carried the cross on His shoulders
So you can start over
Maybe you’re thinking…yeah, but you don’t know what I’ve done and all I’ve been through?
The truth is it doesn’t matter what you’ve done; it’s about what He did once and for all on the cross
As distant as the east is from the west, that is how far he has removed our sins from us. – Psalm 103:12
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17
This is why you can come boldly to the throne of Grace and live with Godfidence.
Jesus didn’t die on the cross so the enemy could defeat you; He did it so you could live free.
So here comes the important question: Will you Give Yourself a Second Chance?
There isn’t anything you’ve done that can separate you from God’s Love; it’s not too late, you’re not too old, it isn’t over!
Hold onto this scripture and remember God has invested way too much in you for you to be okay with settling for less.
“But forget all that (the past) – it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new.” – Isaiah 43:18-19
Here Are 3 Action Steps to Get You Started:
- Renew Your Mind. Google what the bible say about (fill in your issue) and print them off and memorize them.Here’s an example of how to do it: I googled my issue – what does the bible say about fear? Go here to see the answer and put in your topic: https://www.openbible.info/topics/fear
- Put on your identity in Christ. Do you know who you are in Him?In Christ:
- You are saved by faith from your every shortcoming. (Ephesians 2:8)
- You are made complete. (Colossians 2:10)
- You are given a fresh start. (2 Corinthians 5:17)
- You are loved. (1 John 3:3)
- You are redeemed and forgiven. (Colossians 1:14)
- You are not called to have a spirit of fear but one of love, power, and a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- You can be confident that He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it. (Philippians 1:6)
- You can always know the presence of God because He will never leave you nor forsake you. (Hebrews 13:5)
- You are accepted. (Ephesians 1:6)
- You have direct access to God. (Ephesians 2:18)
- You are a temple of God because His spirit is alive in you. (1 Corinthians 6:19)
- You are a child of God. (John 1:12)
- You have the power of God working in you to accomplish the things He wants you to do. (Philippians 2:13)
- You have access to the wisdom of God when you don’t know what to do. (James 1:5)
- Commit to spend time daily with God, because He promised to be your strength. Rely on Him! Listen to Christian Music while you drive or workout. Put a verse of the day on your phone, get a bible app and read it waiting in lines, on your lunch break or before bed.
Don’t let this be just another day. Make it the day.
The day you give yourself a second chance and live with daring faith.
Our Savior is no longer on the cross but on the throne seated next to the Father and He wants to come into your story and give you another chance.
Will you take it?