Isn’t it awful when your stomach starts growling mid day and you have nothing to eat? As you feel your energy crash, you start craving sugar, chocolate, anything to pick you back up again. Snacks are very important in controlling cravings and keep your energy consistent.
I love the word Hangry, Hungry+Angry, that’s me without food.
How about you?
Ward off food craving before they strike. Be prepared by simply planning ahead by choosing something from this list.
Here are a list of my go to favorites, please feel free to share yours.
- Apple with walnuts or nut butter (measured)
- Greek yogurt with berries, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. My favorite!
- Oatmeal with flavored protein powder
- Tuna with whole grain crackers
- Non-fat cottage cheese with fruit
- Romaine lettuce turkey wrap, with a little mustard
- Protein pancake with banana slices and cinnamon
- Leftover chicken and fruit kabob – my daughter’s favorite.
- Ezekiel Bread with nut butter, for those days when you’re really hungry!
- Small banana with a chocolate protein shake
- Raw veggies mixed with your favorite creamy dressing, BUT, only use 1 tbsp and combine with 2 tbsps Greek yogurt. This gives the same texture with less calories and fat.
- Small whole grain pita with 1 slice of cheese and 1 tbsp low sodium tomato sauce, fresh garlic & basil – another favorite
- Try a baked apple with cinnamon
- Sweet potato slices with pumpkin spice
- A serving of dark chocolate with berries
- Greek yogurt with honey
For even more snack ideas, check out 8 Slimming Snacks!
Choosing to pack a snack daily can make all the difference in your health goals and your energy.
Here to help you get Healthy, Happy & FIT God’s Way,