Abs in 5 Simple Steps

Kim Dolan Leto - Abs in 5 simple steps

Abs in 5 Simple Steps

I’m asked daily how to get abs, so here’s my winning equation:

Whole foods + HIIT + Core training = tight-toned tummy

As a mom in my 40’s, I know how impossible a defined flat mid-section can seem. But be encouraged – you already have abs and with these 5 simple steps you’ll see them in no time!

Commit to these 5 Simple Steps for even a week and I promise you’ll see and feel a noticeably difference.

Kim Dolan Leto - 5 step abs step 1

Eating determines 70% of how you look, leaving only 30% to exercise. This doesn’t mean exercise isn’t important, but rather what you eat is the major player in losing unwanted body fat. Fill your grocery cart with foods from the perimeter of the grocery store and avoid the processed foods that line that shelves.

Kim Dolan Leto - 5 step abs step 2

Establish an eating schedule and enjoy 5-6 small meals a day. Think of your body as a furnace. It needs fire to keep burning, right? Your body is no different! By consistently eating these small meals throughout the day, your body has to work to digest those foods; this decreases the risk of your body going into starvation mode; which stores fat and utilizes your hard earned muscle to live off of.

Choose High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). This is the most effective way to stimulate the Excess Post-Exercise Oxygen Consumption, (EPOC) effect. This means you’re burning calories up to 24 hours even after your workout. All cardio is not created equally, so choose cardio that’s still burning calories when you’re done working out. If there was a secret to losing fat, HIIT would be it.

Kim Dolan Leto - 5 step abs step 4

Soda, high sugar juices and specialty coffee drinks add up to unwanted pounds and belly bloat and they take you far from your goals. If you’re bloated, you’re most likely dehydrated. Drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water. If you weigh 140 lbs, then aim for at least 70 oz. of water daily. Water helps to balance hormonal responses to weight loss and even combats fatigue and warm lemon water is said to be a natural detoxifier.

Writing your goals down and sharing them with a friend makes you 76% more likely to reach them. Put pen to paper and write out your goals. Commit to tracking your progress daily. Put a completion date on the calendar, grab a friend, stay accountable and challenge each other do this together.

FIT SUCCESS TIP

Practice proper posture and look leaner instantly.
Sitting is called the new smoking and wrecks havoc on your midsection. Pull your shoulders back and down, draw your belly button toward your spine and look in the mirror…see – you’re gorgeous!

Get Healthy, Happy and FIT, God’s Way
kim

Comments

comments

By | 2016-10-14T14:05:37+00:00 September 16th, 2015|FIT Body, Fitness|0 Comments

Leave A Comment